Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Interesting AG Trademark

  1. #1
    Inactive Member KariS's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just checking out the trademark site and found "Inner Star" trademarked on February 1 for "COSMETICS, TOILETRIES, FRAGRANCES, LOTIONS CREAMS, PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS AND OTHER GOODS IN THIS CLASS."

    But it is also trademarked for "DOLLS, DOLL CLOTHING, DOLL ACCESSORIES, TOYS, NAMELY STUFFED TOYS, CLOTHING AND ACCESSORIES FOR STUFFED TOYS; CHILDREN'S GAMES, NAMELY CHILDREN'S PARTY GAMES, BOARD GAMES AND PUZZLES."

    And again for "DIRECT MAIL CATALOG SERVICES, RETAIL STORE SERVICES, AND ONLINE RETAIL SERVICES."

    I am aware that companies trademark for ideas that they may never plan to use, just so someone else can't take the idea. I'm wondering if Inner Star will be a new line from AG? I'm guessing it's the name of the Bath and Body Works line, and they are trademarking it for dolls as well so no one can later release a line of dolls with that name and try to confuse people into thinking they are American Girl dolls.

    Also, a new logo with many of their typical items trademarked to it:ImageAgentProxy

  2. #2
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Post

    I think you're right. I can already see the ads: "Use these American Girl products and release your inner star." Ick. They ought to stick to dolls. IMO, the bath products tend to cheapen the whole AG image.

  3. #3
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Post

    Ugh!! This is so frustrating. I've known about the logo and what it is for, but I can't say anything or I will be removed from a particular group [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]

    Kim

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 15, 2005 11:00 PM: Message edited by: courtneysunshine ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member KariS's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The logo is trademarked to:

    RETAIL STORE SERVICES, MAIL ORDER CATALOG SERVICES, ON-LINE RETAIL STORE SERVICES FEATURING CHILDREN'S PUBLICATIONS, CHILDREN'S CLOTHING AND DOLLS, TOYS AND PLAYTHINGS

    HAIR ORNAMENTS, BARRETTES, HAIR CLIPS, HAIR PINS, HAIR WRAPS, HEADBANDS, HAIR BOWS AND HAIR RIBBONS

    LUGGAGE, HANDBAGS, PURSES, WALLETS, FANNY PACKS, BACKPACKS, TOTE BAGS, DUFFEL BAGS, SCHOOL BAGS, UMBRELLAS

    PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS NAMELY, ANTIPERSPIRANT, BATH BEADS, BODY CREAM, BODY GLITTER, BODY LOTION, BODY MASK, BODY OIL, BODY SCRUB, BODY WASH, BUBBLE BATH, CLEANSERS, COLOGNE, HAND CREAM, FACE MOSITURIZERS, HAIR SHAMPOO, HAIR CONDITIONER, FRAGRANT BODY MIST, LIP STICK, LIP GLOSS, LIP LINER, HAIR STYLING MOUSE, HAIR GLITTER, FRAGRANT OIL, FRAGRANT GEL, MOUTHWASH, TOOTHPASTE, NAIL STENCILS, NAIL POLISH, NAIL POLISH REMOVER, SHAVING CREAM, SOAP FOR THE BODY, SOAP FOR THE FACE, SUN BLOCK, SUNTAN LOTION, TALCUM POWDER, PERFUMES AND OTHER GOODS IN THIS CLASS

    DOLLS, DOLL CLOTHING, DOLL ACCESSORIES, TOYS, NAMELY STUFFED TOYS, CLOTHING AND ACCESSORIES FOR STUFFED TOYS; CHILDREN'S GAMES, NAMELY CHILDREN'S PARTY GAMES, BOARD GAMES AND PUZZLES

    (I'm sorry for the all-caps, I'm cutting and pasting from the Trademarks site)

    I don't know. If it's going to be called Inner Star, it seems to me that they would naturally have a star in the logo. But Inner Star could be something totally different. We'll have to wait and see [img]wink.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •